Friday 20 November 2009

The train standing at platform one ...


It's amazing how this year has panned out, one minute I'm excited about the coming months, the next I'm in the thick of it enjoying the challenge and the thrill of the chase, then in a moment of charm after the storm I find myself again looking at all the possibilities open to me with the wide eyed expectation of a child waiting at a train station en route to the seaside ( that is when I was a child, before that invented motorcars ) and my current situation does feel akin to that.
I have acquired a love of train stations and airports over the years, although I've never been one for train spotting , sitting for hours in a cold station collecting numbers. And ok not one for anoraks either ( I'm more of a duffel coat man myself ).
I think it's the idea of the anticipation, stations generally being places where people collect to travel some place else looking forward to something new.
So here I am standing at my virtual station in anticipation of the next leg of my journey, but where to next ?

No comments:

Post a Comment